Monday, July 6, 2009

Around Town

Yesterday, Bec and Hope had decided to get together to hang out and do some cooking and Hope was kind enough to extend the invitation to me. I gladly accepted, because who's gonna say no to some good cookin', and then made the decision that I would ride in instead of in the car with Bec. Bec probably would have accompanied me but it got a little too late and she knew that she couldn't ride to Hope's in the 20 minutes she had so I rode it alone. Riding into New Bloomfield alone, however, meant that I could extend my ride to get a few more miles.
I decided to go by way of back roads, as I usually do for safety and scenery, and I was not disappointed! Getting to see the green rolling mountains and the vast corn fields by bike is very soothing, and getting to see some wildlife along with that is gravy on the waffle!


View Around Town in a larger map

About halfway through my ride two fawn walked right out in front of me, about 20 yards, and as they spotted me froze in place and didn't move, so I was able to get a shot of them. Then their mother sprinted back into the woods which sent the fawn in a nervous sprint as well, which I was able to get a shot of as well. After that it was just landscape and the sweet summer breeze in my face!
Total I rode 18 miles in 70 min.s which wasn't too bad for me so I was pleased. But all in all it was a nice ride and even nicer to ride on the road again after the bouncy, muddy, and uneven C&O. Thank goodness for pavement!

1 comment:

Hope said...

Great photos! Love those little deer!
You'll have to ride to my house again. I'll feed you anytime!