Monday, July 13, 2009

Morning Ride

With the summer break coming to it's half way point I realized that my summer "resolution" to accumulate 1000 miles is FAR off in the distance, about 800 miles off! That being the case I got my self up this morning to do a quick 22 mile ride and work toward that goal, as far off as it may be.


View Morning Ride in a larger map

I decided I would ride out toward Blain on the back roads for some nice scenery and then ride the main road (274) back in for some speed, since Bec and I had to meet a friend in Carlisle at noon.
This particular loop is one of my favorites to do because of the great sights. It takes me on tree covered roads, passed farms and fields, crossing paths with Amish families out working or traveling, and the best part, having the road nearly all to myself (except on the main road). Generally I like to extend this loop out Rt. 17 and through Ickesburg for additional sights and ride time, but today I didn't have the time so I kept to this relatively short loop.
As always the ride was great, the sun was shining, the breeze was warm, and the muscle burn is still being felt!

No comments: